Sunday, January 08, 2006

day two

day two finds me awaking hungry yet sick to my stomach but that is the case from mcCrap. so i decide to press on to bc to feed myself at the first Tim Hortons i find. So i cross the border with some static but not too much. I get to my hostel, " the Cambie" which at first i am disapointed with, but then it starts to grow on me. My disapointment is also with vancouver. You see i had this perfect vision of my hockey mecca and from the second i crossed the border it wasn't that great. It was kinda beatup and skruffy looking, until i made it to beautiful downtown which was everything i dreamed it would be and more. but my hostel was kinda far from that part of town. (Its in the part of town that ladies don't go out in bythemselves. However the bar downstairs does Ringlersesque type of business (this means its packed from about 9-close) and my room is directly above the jukebox, which means i can't sleep evenif i wanted to until it closes ('round 1) and i have to get up at 9 (when it opens) luckily im getting used to it, and naps. The place is cheap, and they even have three pinball games one of which is good. Midevil Madness!!! So i have somewhere to dump all my damn canadien change. So I dump all my gear in my room, which has lockers in it for safekeeping of valuables, but i don't have a lock so I take my HEAVY backpack with me on my travels. ) First stop after checkin was of course GM Place, where i go to Authentix the canucks superstore and buy all the stuff i've been druling over in the cataloge. a hat, some stickers, a carflag yes! next stop FMV (formerly virgin megastore) to get trailer park boys stuff. i get the x-mas specail, season three, and a TPB calander for 50% off and a Canucks calander too!!!, so by this time my poor feet are starting to hurt so i check out this thing called sky train and it turns out there is a stop like three blocks from my hostel, Score! so i jump on the train and ride in style back to the hostel. So this sky train has absolutely no security just like the MAX in portland so you can get on with out paying just have to hope you dont get caught doing it. So i get back to my hosel tired as hell and sweaty from walking around all day, but first i move my car into underground parking ( sugested to prevent breakins) and then i take a nap. I awake to what sounds like a goddamn riot going on downstairs but seconds late my trained ears realize its just a busy bar. so i decide to go down there and get some dinner and check the place out. i hop out of bed to realize that i have seriously fucked up my foot somehow during my big walk. I mean seriously it fucking hurts. This doesnot bode well i think to my self as i hobble downstairs to get a beer and a burger for 5 canadien dollars.(sweet deal).


so after 4-5 labatts and who knows howmany pinball games i decide its time for me to hobble back upstairs and to my shigrin my foot still hurts. my do -it -yourself pain reliver hasn't worked and thats not good, so i go upstairs and watch some tv with some of the hostelers then go to bed.

No comments: