Thursday, June 08, 2006

Way of the Gun


I first saw this movie in a Becky double feature with Boondock Saints. It was a good time for me. Good movies were coming my way and i didn't have to work to find them they were just handed to me. it was nice. It dried up of course but these two movies blew my mind. i had never heard of them, nor anyone related to them they just kinda came out of indie no where, and where really good at the time. Both of the movies have kinda mellowed with age (5 years) but some of the writing is still really good in way of the gun and the acting between ryan and bencio is great. now the stuff with jimmy cahn is alright and the action holds up ok, because it's clever and doesn't try to out over do itself. the set design really is what bothers me. we have good acting, good script, decent directing and cinimatography, but it looks like a high school production and lighting. blech. but i am whining alittle bit too loudly.

over all this is an enjoyable movie and if you haven't seen it as often as i have the production probably wont bother you that much.

3 out 5 tacosauce packets

No comments: