Thursday, June 22, 2006

syriana

This movie was not entertaining to me. Period. I saw traffic and liked it enough to dig up Traffik, which i like much more. I saw Munich. I don't think i needed to watch this movie. The other movie Mr. Clooney did last year was FAR superior to this one. One wonders if he made this one just to make "Goodnight" look better.

The script was all over the place and it seemed like who ever was editing was cutting stuff out that he felt didn't need to be told because he knew it, but not everyone does. Maybe a little exposition would be good if you're going to tell a global political thriller. I don't mind movies that hit the ground running and don't take shit from no one, but this movie was slow moving and character driven, but they never explained why poeple where doing what they are doing, or how they are in the situation that htey are in. it got a little frustrating, and hard to follow after a while.

No comments: