Sunday, April 02, 2006

AL in chains (yes mark that's an al scott reference)

so 12 years after thier last studio album was released and after about that many years of not listening to the radio (do they even get played on the radio anymore?) I can listen to alice in chains again and really enjoy them. WTF sure they are a part of my childhood and i must have listened to dirt about a million times when i first got it on cassette, and that burnt me out on them. I didn't really like them much after that. i appreciated them and i didn't really hate them but i sure didn't go out of my way to hear them. Now i am watching my videos dvd of them (which i sort-of watched 5 years ago when i bought it) and these guys are REALLY good. i am enjoying the hell out of revisiting my favorite grunge bands. whats next pearl jam? i don't know if i am quite ready for that yet, but maybe some soundgarden... that sounds nice. after watching part of Singles (I'll post a review when i finish it) last night it really got me in the mood to listen to that era of music. Yeah soundgarden rules. well badmotorfinger anyway. I don't think i could listen to spoonman and enjoy it yet.

These videos are pretty damn amazing for the alice in chains songs... or maybe its just compaired to the rush videos.

wierd i wonder when this will be considered classic rock. when kgon starts playing alice in chains im gonna cry.

No comments: